Calidum HALE Heated Bed – 8″ x 8″ for 3D Printers
Proudly introducing our first original product, the Calidum HALE Mica-based heated print bed featuring a print area of 8 inches by 8 inches. Manufactured in the United States, the Calidum HALE provides uniform heating across the surface and delivers 115 watts (12 volts)/144 watts (24 volts) for fast heat-up times and warp-free prints. The Calidum HALE is capable of reaching 100 °C in three minutes from room temperature1.
The Calidum HALE includes a pre-wired thermistor and is easily installed on 3 or 4 point leveling systems. Mounting holes for three point systems are provided, and the cut corners make room for a variety of four point leveling options. The Calidum HALE includes a 3M® adhesive surface which can receive glass (borosilicate recommended), copper, or aluminum (MIC-6® recommended).
The Calidum HALE is an easy drop-in upgrade for all printers with a print area of 8 inches by 8 inches.
Most printers use 12 volts. If you are not sure which variant you need for your machine, please contact us.
- Manufactured In: United States
- Printable Surface Area: 8.070 inches by 8.070 inches
- Thickness: 0.033 inches
- Thickness (including bottom connector pads): 0.150 inches
- Adhesive Material: 3M® adhesive
- Mounting System: Native support for 3 and 4 point leveling systems
- Power Input: 12V (115 watts) or 24V (144 watts)
- Heat-Up Times: 3 minutes to 100° C from room temperature1
- Printing Surfaces: Aluminum, Copper, Glass, or other combinations (such as Aluminum + Glass for easy glass removal)
- Wire Connectors: bare leads
- Heater Lead Color: Black
- Heater Lead Length: 24 inches (12 inches for 24v)
- Thermistor Lead Length: 24 inches (12 inches for 24v)
- Thermistor Lead Color: White
- Thermistor: Pre-wired and ready to use
- Thermistor Type: NTC 100 kOhm
- Maximum Suggested Temperature: UL-recognized up to 200° C
1. Heat up times may vary depending on environment, motherboard, power supply and desired target temperature.
2. The Calidum HALE is a heated surface, but cannot be directly printed on. A rigid print surface is also required, such as glass, aluminum, copper, or a thick sheet of PEI. These surfaces are not included.
Available on backorder
Calidum Hale 3D Printer Heatbed 8″ x 8″ by PrintIt Industries
Warping remains one of the biggest issues with filament 3D printing. Calidum Hale 3D Printer Heatbed 8″ x 8″ by PrintIt Industries designed a heatbed to solve this problem. A well-heated build plate improves print adhesion and quality. We designed the Calidum for fast and consistent heating from the beginning. Print big with many materials. The Calidum is UL-recognized up to 120 °C, providing the heat you need for your hardest jobs. Our heat bed easily installs into all 3D printers. Remove the adhesive backing and attach to your favorite build surface.
Made in the United States
We make our heat beds in the beautiful state of South Carolina. Free shipping is available for all of the lower 48 states.
Reaches 100 °C in ten minutes with most print surfaces. Reliably maintains temperature with all PID-enabled 3D printer controllers.
UL recognized for your safety
Heated beds can carry a lot of power, which is dangerous without the right safety precautions. Our heat bed is a UL-recognized component, because your safety is our number one priority.
Stick to your favorite surface.
The Calidum uses a 3M® adhesive surface and can stick to glass, copper, aluminum, PEI and more printing surfaces. Peel away the adhesive protective coating, place your build surface and stick it to the Calidum.
The Calidum is perfectly flat and has a thickness of only 0.033 inches (0.84 mm), making it an easy drop-in upgrade for most printers. Our heat bed uses much less space than silicone heating pads. No messy glues required for installation.
Explore flexible mounting options.
We know that all 3D printers are different, and everybody mounts their build plate in a unique way. The Calidum features four through-holes and four cut-away corners to support many mounting situations.
For three point leveling systems
Three point leveling systems are compatible with the four included through-holes.
For four point leveling systems
The cut-away corners give access to leveling screws on 3D printers with four point leveling systems.
Thousands of hours of testing by our customers and us.
We don’t just make 3D printing heat beds. We use them too. All PrintIt 3D printers use a Calidum. We firmly believe in our product, its reliability and its performance.
Since its inception, all of our customers have warmly welcomed the Calidum. Before announcing our heat bed, we put it through our most rigorous tests and used it daily for prototyping our 3D printers. This testing leaves us confident the Calidum will meet your 3D printing needs.
- Printing surfaces: Aluminum, copper, glass, or other combinations (such as aluminum and glass for easy glass removal)
- Adhesive material: 3M® adhesive
- Mounting system: Support for 3 and 4 point leveling systems
- Power input: 12 volts (115 watts)
- Heat-up time: 10 minutes to 100 °C from room temperature1
- Printable surface area: 8.070 inches by 8.070 inches (204.98 mm by 204.98 mm)
- Thickness: 0.033 inches (0.84 mm)
- Thickness (including bottom connector pads): 0.150 inches (3.81 mm)
- Wire connectors: Bare leads
- Heater lead color: Black
- Heater lead length: 24 inches (61 cm)
- Thermistor lead length: 24 inches (61 cm)
- Thermistor lead color: White
- Thermistor: Pre-wired and ready to use
- Thermistor type: NTC 100 kOhm (download Cantherm MF52A1104F4150 datasheet)
- Maximum temperature: UL recognized up to 120 °C
- Heat-up times will vary depending on the thickness of your build surface, ambient temperature, power supply quality, electronics calibrations and possibly other factors.
NOTE: we are on low supply, therefore if you purchase a product, please expect a delivery date of at least 3-4 weeks from order.
Electronics > Print, Copy, Scan, & Fax > 3D Printers
Shipping from : United States (US)
|Within United States (US)||$7.50|
Unless otherwise indicated in the product description, orders are fulfilled within 1 to 3 business days of your order. If you do not receive a shipping confirmation within this timeframe, please email email@example.com.
Returns are handled on a case-by-case basis, but delivering a working product to you is our highest priority. If you need to discuss a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.